TQ3079 : Before the EYE

taken 35 years ago, near to Lambeth, England

Before the EYE
Before the EYE
Taken at "Thamesday" which was held every September by the old Greater London Council and continued after the Council's abolition on 31 March 1986. The old County Hall building as seen behind the fireworks was the headquarters of the GLC until 1986.

LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )

LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )

Thamesday was replaced by the Thames Festival, which still takes place in the middle of September.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Christine Matthews and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Firework display
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · London [1510] · London Eye [803] · County Hall [295] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
TQ3079, 4061 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Christine Matthews   (more nearby)
Date Taken
September 1988   (more nearby)
Saturday, 20 August, 2005
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 306 797 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:30.1121N 0:7.1618W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 303 798
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Clickable map
W Go E
Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 862 times
You are not logged in login | register