SU8550 : Entrance to former Willems Barracks

taken 5 years ago, near to Aldershot, Hampshire, Great Britain

Entrance to former Willems Barracks
Entrance to former Willems Barracks
Dated 1856. The Willems barracks were know originally as the West Cavalry Barracks. The name was changed in 1910 to commemorate the victory of the cavalry in the eponymous battle in 1794. The barracks themselves have been demolished and the site is occupied by a Tescos and housing.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bikeboy and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU8550, 68 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 13 July, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 21 July, 2014
Geographical Context
Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Primary Subject of Photo
Barracks 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 854 508 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:15.0422N 0:46.6559W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 853 508
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 84 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register