TQ3896 : The White House, Gilwell Park

taken 5 years ago, near to Sewardstone, Essex, Great Britain

The White House, Gilwell Park
The White House, Gilwell Park
Built in the 1750s on the site of an earlier house, Osborne Hall.
The house has had a succession of owners including The Treasury who took it over in 1812 after its then owner had been caught embezzling large sums from the national funds.
It was acquired by the Scout Association in 1919 and continues to be used by them as a conference and training centre.
House and Gilwell Park history on LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Des Blenkinsopp and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3896, 45 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 24 July, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 August, 2014
Geographical Context
Country estates 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3862 9642 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:38.9695N 0:0.1343E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3865 9639
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Scout and Guide Association  Mansion 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 107 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register