TF1505 : Former Six Bells public house, Glinton

taken 5 years ago, near to Glinton, Peterborough, Great Britain

Former Six Bells public house, Glinton
Former Six Bells public house, Glinton
The former Six Bells public house, shown in the foreground, was located at the junction of High Street and Lincoln Road. It was believed to have been built circa 1837 and its name was a reference to the peal of six bells in St. Benedict's Church, which were installed in 1799. The pub closed in 1994 and was converted into a private residence now known - appropriately enough - as The Old Six Bells. The closure of both The Six Bells and later The Crown in 2006 left The Blue Bell (on High Street directly opposite St. Benedict's Church) as Glinton's sole remaining pub.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Bryan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF1505, 231 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 21 July, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 9 August, 2014
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Housing, Dwellings  Business, Retail, Services 
Former (from Tags)
Public House 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 1524 0591 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:38.3224N 0:17.9058W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 1524 0589
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Former Public House  Former Pub  Pub (Former) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 81 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register