NS9360 : Drill hall, Fauldhouse

taken 5 years ago, near to Fauldhouse, West Lothian, Great Britain

Drill hall, Fauldhouse
Drill hall, Fauldhouse
On Bridge Street, Fauldhouse, this was the home of the 10th (Cyclist) Battalion, Royal Scots (F Company) Link. It was built in 1911 and is now part of the Fauldhouse Miners and Welfare Club, in the adjacent Baillie Institute built in 1908, originally as a community facility. The hall was burnt down about 30 years ago, and has been replaced by a modern flat-roofed building [to the right]. The shooting range [the long low building in front] has become a Chinese take away.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright M J Richardson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS9360, 26 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 23 August, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 23 August, 2014
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Village, Rural settlement  Business, Retail, Services 
Primary Subject of Photo
Club  Hall 
Place (from Tags)
Fauldhouse  West Lothian 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 9319 6063 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:49.6232N 3:42.3953W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 9319 6061
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Chinese Takeaway  Take Away  Miners Welfare Club  WW1 Drill Hall  Shooting Gallery 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 58 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register