2014

NH5141 : Remains of Belladrum House

taken 9 years ago, near to Kiltarlity, Highland, Scotland

Remains of Belladrum House
Remains of Belladrum House
Belladrum House was a large mansion, built in 1835, and set within an impressive garden. The house was demolished in the 1950s, just leaving these walls. Much of the garden is still intact, including a variety of tall trees around the house.

The remains of the house were partially restored in 2009, and have since been used as part of the Tartan Heart Festival. The elephant sitting on the wall was added for the 2014 festival.

See for a previous view: NH5141 : Mother's Ruin

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Craig Wallace and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Geographical Context: Historic sites and artefacts Housing, Dwellings Country estates Derelict, Disused Place: Belladrum Ruin: Mansion other tags: Highland Council HER Trees Click a tag, to view other nearby images.
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Tall Trees [3] · Remains of Belladrum House [2] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NH5141, 44 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Craig Wallace   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 14 September, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 3 October, 2014
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 5183 4190 [10m precision]
WGS84: 57:26.5897N 4:28.2248W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NH 51821 41876
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 464 times
You are not logged in login | register