TL1998 : The Guildhall, Peterborough

taken 6 years ago, near to Peterborough, Great Britain

The Guildhall, Peterborough
The Guildhall, Peterborough
The Guildhall on Cathedral Square, also known as the Butter Cross, was built between 1669 and 1671. It served as the headquarters of the city council until the present town hall nearby on Bridge Street was inaugurated in October 1933. As this photograph was taken in December, it is partly obscured by the gantries supporting the Christmas lights. The Church of St. John the Baptist can be seen immediately behind the Guildhall.

Source: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Bryan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL1998, 1324 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 25 December, 2014   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 January, 2015
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces  City, Town centre  Historic sites and artefacts 
Place (from Tags)
Peterborough 
Season (from Tags)
Christmas 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 1916 9864 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:34.3522N 0:14.5888W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 1918 9864
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Guildhall  Butter Cross 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 181 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register