NU2033 : Monks House

taken 7 years ago, near to Red Barns, Northumberland, Great Britain

This is 1 of 8 images, with title Monks House in this square
Monks House
Monks House
The place where the Clashope and Ingram burns meet the sea was originally named Brocksmouth. In 1257 Henry II granted the monks of Farne Island a small plot of land here on which they built a storehouse for their provisions. This building was called Monk's House. In the C19th one of the buildings was a tavern called St Cuthbert's Inn.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NU2033, 93 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 March, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 16 March, 2015
Geographical Context
Coastal  Farm, Fishery, Market Gardening  Housing, Dwellings  Estuary, Marine 
Primary Subject of Photo
House 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 2039 3354 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:35.7039N 1:40.6807W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 20458 33641
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 69 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register