SD4198 : Windermere: The Lighthouse

taken 6 years ago, near to Windermere, Cumbria, Great Britain

Windermere: The Lighthouse
Windermere: The Lighthouse
The building dates from 1877 when it was called 'Acme House'. It was originally a chemist's, with reading rooms and billiard room above. Boots the Chemist later bought the building until they moved further down the road in 1990 and the building became a furniture shop. In 2002 after four months of refurbishment, the building was transformed to a three-floor restaurant named "The Lighthouse" and is still run by the same family today. (Information and some old photographs at LinkExternal link (Archive LinkExternal link )
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jonathan Hutchins and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD4198, 180 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 4 April, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 4 April, 2015
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  City, Town centre 
Place (from Tags)
Windermere 
Primary Subject of Photo
Restaurant 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 4123 9854 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:22.7370N 2:54.3781W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 41230 98563
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 93 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register