SP5405 : The former main entrance to the Churchill Hospital

taken 4 years ago, near to Headington, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

The former main entrance to the Churchill Hospital
The former main entrance to the Churchill Hospital
The Churchill was named after Clementine Churchill, wife of Winston Churchill, the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom when a hospital was first built on the site in 1940. It was leased to the United States Army medical services in 1942. The US Army left the hospital at the end of the war and it was taken over by the local council and reopened as a conventional hospital in January 1946.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Steve Daniels and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP5405, 71 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 9 July, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 19 July, 2015
Geographical Context
Health and social services 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 5446 0594 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:44.9710N 1:12.7513W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 5448 0596
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Hospital Entrance 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 59 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register