SJ3588 : Chapel of Saint Patrick, Toxteth

taken 5 years ago, 3 km from Liverpool, Great Britain

Chapel of Saint Patrick, Toxteth
Chapel of Saint Patrick, Toxteth
St Patrick's Chapel on Park Place is a neoclassical chapel designed by John Slater and built between 1821 and 1827; it was the first Roman Catholic church erected in Toxteth. A statue of St Patrick stands on plinth between central 1st floor windows, which are blind. This figure originally came from the St Patrick Insurance Company in Dublin, and was presented to the church when the company closed. At the front of the church, there is also a memorial to ten Catholic priests who died whilst continuing to work in the plague-ravaged communities.

The church is a grade II* listed building (English Heritage Building ID: 359219 LinkExternal link British Listed Buildings).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3588, 48 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 20 July, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 25 July, 2015
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Camera (from Tags)
Panasonic DMC-G3 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 354 888 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.5298N 2:58.3089W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 354 888
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 91 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register