SH7882 : Inside Capel Tabernacl

taken 4 years ago, near to Llandudno, Conwy, Great Britain

Inside Capel Tabernacl
Inside Capel Tabernacl
Capel Tabernacl (Tabernacle Welsh Baptist Chapel) is Grade II listed LinkExternal link

The building erected in 1875 replaced an earlier chapel on the corner of Llewelyn Avenue and Vadre Lane. The first Tabernacle chapel in Llandudno, dating from 1815 was itself rebuilt in 1835. The chapel was extended in 1902 by G.A.Humphries to incorporate the schoolroom, the ionic-pillared portico and a new main entrance. The chapel closed in 2013. The adjoining schoolroom has been used as an exhibition centre.

Exterior: SH7882 : Tabernacle Chapel.
Interior reverse view: SH7882 : Testimony/Tystiolaeth.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH7882, 1478 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 18 September, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 4 October, 2015
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Date (from Tags)
1875  1815  1835  2013 
Person (from Tags)
G A Humphreys 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 7800 8264 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:19.5944N 3:49.9950W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 7800 8264
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Former Welsh Baptist Chapel  Church Interior  Grade II Listed  Arts Venue 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 16 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register