SO8318 : Window n.II, Gloucester Cathedral

taken 4 years ago, near to Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

Window n.II, Gloucester Cathedral
Window n.II, Gloucester Cathedral
Four Holy Women, Glass by Kempe, 1878. (Executed by Sedding).
Some old glass used in the traceries.

The four Holy women are:
Martha, Catherine of Alexander,
The Blessed Virgin Mary,
Mary of Bethany.
Below each is a scene from their lives.

In memory of Catherine Tinling, d.1876.
Gloucester Cathedral
The Cathedral originated in 678 or 679 with the foundation of an abbey dedicated to Saint Peter. The foundations of the present church were laid by Abbot Serlo (10721104). LinkExternal link

Cathedral Website: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Julian P Guffogg and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO8318, 1574 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 21 September, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 October, 2015
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Place (from Tags)
Gloucester Cathedral 
Primary Subject of Photo
Window 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 8310 1878 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:52.0403N 2:14.8109W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Stained Glass Window  Kempe 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 15 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register