SK7883 : Organ, Ss Peter & Paul church, Sturton le Steeple
taken 8 years ago, near to Sturton le Steeple, Nottinghamshire, England
Grade II* listed
Founded around 1180, the south arcade was rebuilt in the 13th C. and other parts in the 14th C. The upper stage of the tower and 12 pinnacles were added in the 15th C.
The church was restored in 1870 by Ewan Christian, but in 1901 there was a fire and the 15th C. rood screen was destroyed. The church was restored by Fowler. All the pre 1901 stained glass was replaced.
There are several interesting monuments in the church, and a window dedicated to Richard Battye (d. 1873)and also the east window to a member of the Foljambe family.