TQ3878 : Anchor Iron Wharf

taken 4 years ago, near to Greenwich, Great Britain

Anchor Iron Wharf
Anchor Iron Wharf
The inscription on the anchor sculpture tells how after a long history, one Charles Robinson moved his premises here in 1953 to what became known as Anchor Iron and Crowley's Wharf. The principal cargoes at the wharf were scrap iron, lead ingots, metal and glass. The Cutty Sark public house seen beyond is a full kilometre downstream from the historic ship of the same name.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Oliver Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ3878, 673 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 21 December, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 26 December, 2015
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  Docks, Harbours 
Former (from Tags)
Wharf 
Primary Subject of Photo
Anchor 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 3891 7829 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:29.1904N 0:0.0440W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 38908 78286
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Sculpture  Anchor  Public House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 12 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register