SK1971 : Former Station House, Great Langstone Station

taken 6 years ago, near to Great Longstone, Derbyshire, Great Britain

Former Station House, Great Langstone Station
Former Station House, Great Langstone Station
Now a private residence.
Former Great Longstone for Ashford Station

Great Longstone for Ashford railway station was a station which served Great and Little Longstone in the Peak District. It was opened in 1863 by the Midland Railway on its extension of the Manchester, Buxton, Matlock and Midlands Junction Railway from Rowsley.
Originally known as Longstone railway station, in 1913 it was renamed Great Longstone for Ashford (Ashford-in-the-Water). Once the London, Midland and Scottish Railway reached Manchester the line carried expresses to London St Pancras and heavy mineral traffic.
It closed in 1962.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright N Chadwick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK1971, 141 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 29 August, 2015   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 29 January, 2016
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Housing, Dwellings  Railways 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 1972 7107 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:14.1780N 1:42.3604W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 1975 7108
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 28 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register