TR3543 : South Foreland Lighthouse

taken 3 years ago, near to St Margaret's at Cliffe, Kent, Great Britain

South Foreland Lighthouse
South Foreland Lighthouse
The lighthouse was originally built in 1793 and rebuilt in 1843. It was the first lighthouse in the country to be installed with an electric light, which happened in December 1858 under the oversight of Michael Faraday, who was Scientific Adviser to Trinity House from 1836 to 1865. The lighthouse was decommissioned in 1988. Grade II listed - see LinkExternal link.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ian Capper and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TR3543, 86 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 7 February, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 13 February, 2016
Geographical Context
Coastal 
Near (from Tags)
St Margarets at Cliffe 
Place (from Tags)
South Foreland 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 359 433 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:8.4226N 1:22.2696E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TR 359 432
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
South Foreland Lighthouse  Lighthouse  Grade II Listed 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 51 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register