SE3503 : Fishing peg on the former Worsbrough branch

taken 4 years ago, near to Worsbrough, Barnsley, Great Britain

Fishing peg on the former Worsbrough branch
Fishing peg on the former Worsbrough branch
The 2.5 mile long Worsbrough section of the Dearne and Dove Canal opened in 1804. It linked Worsbrough to the seaport of Goole. The branch closed for navigation in 1906 and was abandoned in 1961.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Christine Johnstone and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE3503, 37 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 19 March, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 22 March, 2016
Geographical Context
Sport, Leisure  Canals 
Place (from Tags)
Worsbrough 
Canal (from Tags)
Dearne and Dove 
Primary Subject of Photo
Canal 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 3563 0352 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:31.6284N 1:27.8399W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 3563 0352
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Unnavigable Canal  Fishing Peg  Abandoned Canal 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 70 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register