TG3506 : Cereal crop field by the Old Rectory

taken 5 years ago, near to Buckenham, Norfolk, Great Britain

Cereal crop field by the Old Rectory
Cereal crop field by the Old Rectory
The Old Rectory > Link retains some traces of a C17 house but the present red-brick house was built for the Rev T.W. Beauchamp in 1827 and extended in 1839. The chimney stacks have clustered octagonal and diagonal shafts and are dated "TPB 1827" > Link. The interior of the building, which is Grade II listed, contains many re-set archaeological fragments collected by Reverend Beauchamp. The adjoining stable block and coach house are also Grade II listed.

The surrounding red-brick wall has a rare wayside pulpit > Link which was put in for the Rev. William Haslam, who was rector here from 1863 to 1871; he used this pulpit to preach to the huge crowds that gathered in the adjoining field > Link.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TG3506, 51 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 3 April, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 3 April, 2016
Geographical Context
Farm, Fishery, Market Gardening 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 3575 0611 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:36.0955N 1:28.7962E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 3566 0611
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 23 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register