SK0394 : Elim Christian Centre

taken 3 years ago, near to Glossop, Derbyshire, Great Britain

Elim Christian Centre
Elim Christian Centre
The founder of this church was Richard Howton, a reformed prize-fighter. Prior to 1888 The Gospel Union and Blue Ribbon Mission of which Pastor A. Howton was the Evangelist was held in the then Liberal Hall SK0394 : Liberal Hall. The foundation stones for the church were laid on Saturday 15th July 1888 by Mrs. R. Howton (wife of Evangelist) and Mrs. J. Goldsmith of Union Street, Glossop. The Church came into Elim in 1931 and has existed as a centre of Pentecostal witness since. The Glossop Elim Church belongs to the Elim Foursquare Gospel Alliance. Church website: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK0394, 254 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 13 April, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 17 April, 2016
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Person (from Tags)
Richard Howton 
Date (from Tags)
1888  1931 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 0358 9413 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.6357N 1:56.8541W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 0355 9415
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Christian Centre  Elim Christian Centre  Church (Elim Pentecostal) 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register