2016

SE2436 : Site of the former St Margaret's church, Newlay

taken 8 years ago, near to Horsforth, Leeds, England

Site of the former St Margaret's church, Newlay
Site of the former St Margaret's church, Newlay
There have been three churches called St Margaret's in the Newlay area of Bramley parish over the years. The first was opposite the Abbey Inn at the bottom of Pollard Lane and was demolished in 1861, according to a publication by the Bramley History Society. It was replaced by a more substantial church on this site higher up Pollard Lane, which was itself replaced in 1958 by the present church SE2435 : St Margaret's church, Bramley.

The present building on the site, at the back of the car park, is a sports club house.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Geographical Context: Suburb, Urban fringe other tags: Car Park Site of Anglican Church Click a tag, to view other nearby images.
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · Pollard Lane [40] · Car Park [13] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
SE2436, 563 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
Stephen Craven   (more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 28 May, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 1 June, 2016
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 2418 3615 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:49.2640N 1:38.0511W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 2415 3615
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 125 times
You are not logged in login | register