H8845 : Gough Barracks from the graveyard of St Mark's Parish Church

taken 3 years ago, near to Armagh, Northern Ireland

Gough Barracks from the graveyard of St Mark's Parish Church
Gough Barracks from the graveyard of St Mark's Parish Church
The barracks were first established on the site in 1773 and served as the depot of the RIF (Royal Irish Fusiliers) between 1880-1960. With the coming of The Troubles it was garrisoned by the 2Bn UDR (Ulster Defence Regiment)in the early 1970s. From the mid seventies it has served as a policing base initially for the RUC and then its successor the PSNI.

LinkExternal link

See other images of Gough Barracks
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eric Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Loading map... (JavaScript required)
Grid Square
H8845, 81 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 3 June, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 19 June, 2016
Geographical Context
Defence, Military 
Subject Location
Irish: geotagged! H 882 453 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:20.9262N 6:38.6075W
Camera Location
Irish: geotagged! H 881 453
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 37 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register