SD5329 : A583, Friargate

taken 3 years ago, near to Preston, Lancashire, Great Britain

A583, Friargate
A583, Friargate
The old and direct route from Preston to Blackpool starts here on the junction with the A59 ring road. Originally it started in the centre of Preston before the top end of Friargate was pedestrianised.

The Old Black Bull on the corner is a former Boddingtons House now owned by Greene King. It opened in 1805 and the first landlord was Richard Leach LinkExternal link

Signs: SD5329 : Old Black Bull & Temple of the Muses.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD5329, 523 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 28 August, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 3 November, 2016
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  Roads, Road transport 
Road (from Tags)
A583 
Brewer (from Tags)
Boddingtons  Greene King 
Date (from Tags)
1805 
Person (from Tags)
Richard Leach 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 5373 2953 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:45.6035N 2:42.1988W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 5377 2951
View Direction
West-northwest (about 292 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Public House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 22 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register