SD7109 : The Brass Cat and Booth's

taken 3 years ago, near to Bolton, Great Britain

The Brass Cat and Booth's
The Brass Cat and Booth's
The Brass Cat on Churchgate was originally called The Golden Lion. It was opened in the late 19th century but became known as The Bear Paws and then The Brass Cat.

The building is reputably haunted by three ghosts and supposedly contains the entrance to the old town tunnels used by escaping Royalists forces during the English Civil War.

Next door is Booths Music LinkExternal link established in 1832. Booths Music is an independent music retailer, school and music recording facility. It was Mr. James Booth, who is the great, great, great, great grandfather of the present owners who originally founded the music shop.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD7109, 400 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 24 September, 2016   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 16 April, 2017
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services 
Person (from Tags)
James Booth 
Date (from Tags)
1832 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 7188 0932 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:34.7828N 2:25.5710W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 7188 0931
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Public House  Haunted Public House  Music Shop 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 13 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register