NO6744 : Episcopal Church

taken 2 years ago, near to Auchmithie, Angus, Great Britain

Episcopal Church
Episcopal Church
Auchmithie belongs to the parish of St Vigeans, but was disjoined from that parish in 1885. This Norman style church was built in 1885, to a design by T S Robertson of Dundee, to serve as the parish kirk of Auchmithie, and is a Category B Listed building. In 1953 Auchmithie was reunited to the parish of St Vigeans, and, having becomr surplus to the requirements of the Church of Scotland, the kirk was sold to the Scottish Episcopal Church in 1980. It is dedicated to St Peter, and is still in use as an episcopal church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Anne Burgess and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO6744, 27 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 June, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 5 June, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 6784 4419 [10m precision]
WGS84: 56:35.3110N 2:31.5138W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 6786 4417
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register