SK3547 : Former St John's Chapel, Belper

taken 1 year ago, near to Belper, Derbyshire, Great Britain

Former St John's Chapel, Belper
Former St John's Chapel, Belper
This is the original place of worship in Belper, being a chapel of ease for Duffield, of which parish Belper formed a part until 1845. Despite the erection of a new church (St Peters) in the 1820s, it remained open for worship until the 1970s. It has now been converted as a Heritage Centre and the home of Belper Town Council. Late 13th century, with later restorations, Listed Grade II. This is the view from the north east.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Alan Murray-Rust and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK3547, 83 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 9 July, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 11 July, 2017
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Public buildings and spaces  Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Former (from Tags)
Chapel 
Period (from Tags)
13th Century 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 3524 4753 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:1.4345N 1:28.5641W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 3526 4755
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Heritage Centre  Town Council Offices  Grade II Listed 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register