ST5873 : A legacy of tobacco

taken 1 year ago, near to Clifton, Bristol, Great Britain

A legacy of tobacco
A legacy of tobacco
The H.H. Wills Physics facility on the old Royal Fort is a well-respected department of the University of Bristol. Founded in 1927 by Henry Herbert 'Harry' Wills as a tribute to his father, Henry Overton Wills, the Grade II listed structure was naturally funded on the back of the family's profits on the tobacco trade.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Neil Owen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST5873, 1043 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 12 July, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 15 July, 2017
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Educational sites  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
University 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5827 7344 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.5033N 2:36.1209W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 5832 7345
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
University Buildings 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 10 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register