SO5710 : The market place at Coleford

taken 2 years ago, near to Coleford, Gloucestershire, Great Britain

The market place at Coleford
The market place at Coleford
Coleford was granted a market charter in 1661. A market house was built soon after but it and most of the 1820s parish church in the square have been demolished. Only the church tower remains freestanding in the middle but the buildings round the sides still give it much character. This view is south from St John's Street, towards High Street opposite.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Brown and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO5710, 289 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 22 March, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 30 July, 2017
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces  Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
Market Square 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 5751 1069 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:47.5943N 2:37.0491W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 5750 1074
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register