SJ8647 : The Roundhouse, Etruria

taken 1 year ago, near to Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, Great Britain

The Roundhouse, Etruria
The Roundhouse, Etruria
The Roundhouse is the only remaining part of the original Etruria factory built on this site by Josiah Wedgwood in 1769. The factory flourished for 170 years. The Evening Sentinel renovated the building in 1985.
The principal purpose of the Roundhouse (there was one at each end of the factory frontage) is something of a mystery. But it is believe that these buildings, at various times, have been used for grinding raw materials and colours, as counting houses, as stables, and to house the factory's fire engine.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Brian Deegan and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8647, 121 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 August, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 6 August, 2017
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Canals 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8690 4730 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:1.3698N 2:11.8049W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8692 4731
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 16 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register