NU1019 : St Maurice, Eglingham - side chapel

taken 1 year ago, near to Eglingham, Northumberland, Great Britain

St Maurice, Eglingham - side chapel
St Maurice, Eglingham - side chapel
The simple chapel consists of an altar and a few prayer desks, at the end of the south transept. A plaque records that it was given in memory of the Revd T P G Forman, former vicar of the church, who died in 1965.
Church of St Maurice, Eglingham
An Anglican parish church, listed grade 2* (list entry 1041975). Like many churches, it has been frequently added to or partially rebuilt, but the tower is the oldest part, dating from the late 13th century, and one of its two bells is original to that period. The village was the seat of the Ogle family who, not surprisingly, are well represented in its memorials, as are many former incumbents, several of whom were also Archdeacons of Lindisfarne.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Craven and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NU1019, 70 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 August, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 19 August, 2017
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 1061 1945 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:28.1262N 1:50.0240W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 1061 1945
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church Interior 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): inside 
This page has been viewed about 2 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register