NT4936 : The former Laidlaw and Fairgrieve Mill site

taken 14 years ago, near to Galashiels, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

The former Laidlaw and Fairgrieve Mill site
The former Laidlaw and Fairgrieve Mill site
The original Ladhope Mill building on this site was built in 1793 but destroyed by fire in 1928. It was later rebuilt and in 1920 became Laidlaw and Fairgrieve Ltd. With the decline in the woollen industry in the town, the mill was demolished in 2003, but this portion of the building at the southeast part of the site, known locally as L&F's corner, remains. But not for long, as the site is to be redeveloped into affordable housing units by Eildon Housing Association. (Historical source: Galashiels, A Modern History).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT4936, 705 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 2 September, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 14 September, 2007
Category
Building site   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 4901 3653 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:37.1802N 2:48.6710W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 4900 3657
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 495 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register