TF0645 : Church and Seminary

taken 6 months ago, near to Sleaford, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Church and Seminary
Church and Seminary
In 1879 Father Hermann Sabela, A catholic Missionary, established a Mission tin Sleaford, building a chapel and a school behind it. By 1888 a church was built, and the adjacent house became a seminary.

The church is dedicated to "Our Lady of good counsel". There are similar dedications in Leeds, Wickford, Glasgow, and Stoke Newington, and a handful more around the world.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bob Harvey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF0645, 474 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 10 February, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 10 February, 2018
Geographical Context
Lowlands  Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Date (from Tags)
1888 
Primary Subject of Photo
Church 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 0676 4563 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:59.8419N 0:24.6435W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 06771 45619
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Catholic Church 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 6 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register