SJ3099 : Former Auxiliary Hospital

taken 6 months ago, near to Crosby, Sefton, Great Britain

Former Auxiliary Hospital
Former Auxiliary Hospital
This Victorian home originally known as 'Windy Knowe' was used as a Civic Service League VAD hospital during the Great War opening in early 1915 and taking 'Acute Medical Cases' from Seaforth Hospital. Most Auxiliary Hospitals were run by either Red Cross or Order of St John under the auspices of the Joint War Committee.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John M and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3099, 97 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 17 February, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 17 February, 2018
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 3043 9962 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:29.3203N 3:2.9989W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 3041 9959
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
WW1 VAD Hospital 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 21 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register