SJ3788 : Rankin Hall - 44 Ullet Road

taken 6 months ago, near to Liverpool, Great Britain

Rankin Hall - 44 Ullet Road
Rankin Hall - 44 Ullet Road
Built in 1874 as a private house by an American, John Newton Beach, and designed by G. A. Audsley. Originally known as 'The Towers' it was used as an Auxiliary Hospital during the Great War. It was bequeathed to Liverpool University, who changed its name to 'Rankin Hall' and used it as a hall of residence for female students. When a new hall was built on campus the building was sold to Chinese owners and run as an up-market restaurant by Mr Lau. After passing through various owners the building was converted to flats.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright John M and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3788, 64 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 16 February, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 18 February, 2018
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Housing, Dwellings  Suburb, Urban fringe 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 3721 8829 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.2620N 2:56.7330W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 3720 8832
View Direction
SOUTH (about 180 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
WW1 VAD Hospital  Victorian House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 33 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register