SJ9594 : The Clarkes Arms

taken 8 months ago, near to Gee Cross, Tameside, Great Britain

This is 1 of 2 images, with title The Clarkes Arms in this square
The Clarkes Arms
The Clarkes Arms

The Clarkes Arms is a former coaching inn. It is named after and was opened by Charles Clarke, Lord of the manor, in 1825. The first licensee was Charles Oldham. It was owned by the Schofield Brewery and then Clarkes Brewery before becoming part of the Watney's empire. LinkExternal link

Until recently it was a Wilson's pub. Now it has been given a complete facelift.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9594, 1359 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 15 October, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 2 March, 2018
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services 
Brewer (from Tags)
Wilsons  Watney  Clarkes  Schofield 
Person (from Tags)
Charles Oldham  Charles Clarke 
Date (from Tags)
1825 
Former (from Tags)
Coaching Inn 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 9543 9432 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.7376N 2:4.2163W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 9540 9433
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Public House 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register