SK2504 : Alvecote Priory ruins in Staffordshire

taken 5 years ago, near to Alvecote, Warwickshire, Great Britain

Alvecote Priory ruins in Staffordshire
Alvecote Priory ruins in Staffordshire
Alvecote Benedictine Priory was founded in 1159 by William Burdett. The entrance wall with its arch is just over six metres high. The surviving parts of the priory are Grade II listed, and probably date from the 14th century.
The ruins are by the canal at the north-western end of Pooley Country Park.

LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Roger Kidd and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK2504, 75 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 18 August, 2013   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 13 March, 2018
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  Derelict, Disused 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 2510 0428 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:38.1416N 1:37.8329W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 2506 0427
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Ruins  Former Priory  Benedictine 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 6 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register