SJ8896 : St James Parish Church, Gorton

taken 2 years ago, near to Gorton, Manchester, Great Britain

St James Parish Church, Gorton
St James Parish Church, Gorton

The grade II listed church LinkExternal link was built in 1871. It was endowed by Charles Beyer, engineer and partner in the locomotive-building firm Beyer and Peacock whose works were in Gorton.

Now St James' Church is a local ecumenical partnership between The Church of England and the Methodist Church SJ8896 : Collier House and forms part of the Gorton Team Ministry which also includes Emmanuel Church, West Gorton and St. Philip's Church, Gorton LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ8896, 129 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 21 October, 2017   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 16 March, 2018
Geographical Context
Religious sites 
Date (from Tags)
1871 
Person (from Tags)
Charles Beyer 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8863 9644 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:27.8747N 2:10.3637W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 8867 9646
View Direction
West-southwest (about 247 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Ecumenical Church  Church C of E and Methodist  Grade II Listed 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register