TG2407 : Entrance to Paper Mill Yard

taken 3 years ago, near to Norwich, Norfolk, Great Britain

Entrance to Paper Mill Yard
Entrance to Paper Mill Yard
The buildings seen here formed part of the Carrow Works owned by the Colmans of mustard fame and the road into the site is actually part of the old Carrow Road which was moved when the new Carrow Bridge was opened in 1923 a short distance further to the west.. See also > Link Jeremiah Colman had started his mustard and flour business in 1814 at Stoke Holy Cross. It was, however, his great-nephew Jeremiah James Colman who in 1850 bought land from Norfolk Railway at Carrow, and in 1858 brought the company to Carrow and established the Carrow Works which by 1869 had 1100 employees. Colman’s won a special place in the heart of workers in the city, because the company looked after its employees, who enjoyed better conditions than in many other city factories.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Evelyn Simak and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TG2407, 531 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 May, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 8 May, 2018
Geographical Context
Housing, Dwellings  Industry 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 2401 0761 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:37.2010N 1:18.4744E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TG 2397 0759
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): cross grid 
This page has been viewed about 18 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register