SE8191 : Levisham Station House

taken 14 days ago, near to Newton-on-Rawcliffe, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Levisham Station House
Levisham Station House
Levisham Railway Station
Levisham railway station is a station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway (NYMR) and serves the village of Levisham in the North York Moors National Park. The station was originally opened by the Whitby and Pickering Railway in 1836, an isolated horse-worked railway engineered by George Stephenson. It was taken over by the York and North Midland Railway in 1845 who converted it to a double track steam-worked conventional railway and linked it to their new line from York to Scarborough. It became part of the North Eastern Railway in 1854. Closed by British Rail in 1965 it was eventually reopened by MYMR in 1975 who have restored it in 1912 style.
Wikipedia: LinkExternal link
NYMR: LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Andrew Curtis and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE8191, 153 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 4 July, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 7 July, 2018
Geographical Context
Uplands  Railways 
Primary Subject of Photo
Railway Station 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 8178 9102 [10m precision]
WGS84: 54:18.4945N 0:44.6759W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 81793 91013
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register