NT2574 : Dick Vet plaque at Edinburgh Bus Station

taken 5 months ago, near to Edinburgh, Great Britain

Dick Vet plaque at Edinburgh Bus Station
Dick Vet plaque at Edinburgh Bus Station
A plaque commemorating the former site of the first veterinary school in Scotland established by William Dick in 1823. By 1916 the college moved to Summerhall near the Meadows in South Edinburgh, and in 1951 became part of the University of Edinburgh as the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies - see NT2672 : Royal Dick Veterinary College, Summerhall.

The Vet School is now in new premises on the Bush Estate site: NT2464 : The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jim Barton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT2574, 1282 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 5 July, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 7 July, 2018
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 2569 7422 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:57.3140N 3:11.5007W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 2569 7422
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Commemorative Plaque  Veterinary 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): close look 
This page has been viewed about 9 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register