TM2319 : The Old Church of St Mary the Virgin, Frinton

taken 11 months ago, near to Frinton-on-Sea, Essex, Great Britain

The Old Church of St Mary the Virgin, Frinton
The Old Church of St Mary the Virgin, Frinton
The original Frinton church dates back to the 11th Century. It is the smallest complete church in Essex. The 14th century nave is only 25 feet long. The porch is 16th century brick, rebuilt in 1879, when Frinton's population was 29. By the 1920s, the population was well in excess of 3000, and the old parish church of St Mary the Virgin was considered too small. St Mary Magdalene was built in Old Road in 1928 as a replacement. LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Holifield and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TM2319, 92 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 July, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 14 July, 2018
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
Church 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TM 2372 1948 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:49.7467N 1:14.7231E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TM 2375 1947
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 7 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register