SP3379 : Lower Precinct, Coventry

taken 2 years ago, near to Coventry, Great Britain

This is 1 of 3 images, with title Lower Precinct, Coventry in this square
Lower Precinct, Coventry
Lower Precinct, Coventry
The Lower Precinct was opened in 1958 as part of the wholesale redevelopment of Coventry's city centre following wartime devastation. The glass roof, however, is a much more recent addition. It claims to feature 25% of Coventry's shopping outlets. The circular café was originally called the Lady Godiva Café but is now part of the Caffè Nero chain.
Lady Godiva Cafe

The original name of the circular cafe in the Lower Precinct. Architect: Coventry City Architect's Dept. Builder: W H Jones & Son Ltd. Date: 1957-8. (Source: 'Coventry New Architecture' G Lewison, R Billingham 1969)

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen McKay and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP3379, 1113 images   (more nearby search)
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 22 September, 2018   (more nearby)
Saturday, 6 October, 2018
Geographical Context
Business, Retail, Services  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
Shopping Centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 3324 7914 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:24.5556N 1:30.7667W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 3322 7914
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

Other Tags
Glass Roof  Caffe Nero 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): inside 
This page has been viewed about 37 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
thumbs up icon
You are not logged in login | register