NS3975 : Dumbarton Municipal Buildings, Dunbartonshire

taken 8 months ago, near to Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, Great Britain

Dumbarton Municipal Buildings, Dunbartonshire
Dumbarton Municipal Buildings, Dunbartonshire
The buildings were erected on College Park (the former grounds of College Park House). The land was bought from the railway company by Lord Overtoun, and gifted by him to the burgh. The buildings, by James Thomson, were officially opened in 1903. The College Bow LinkExternal link now stands in the grounds, as do a Boer War Memorial LinkExternal link and a statue of Peter Denny LinkExternal link

See other images of Dumbarton Municipal Buildings
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Claire Pegrum and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS3975, 540 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 22 September, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 14 October, 2018
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces  City, Town centre 
Primary Subject of Photo
Town Hall 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 39757 75499 [1m precision]
WGS84: 55:56.7440N 4:34.0529W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 39757 75499
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Municipal Offices 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): close look 
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register