SO9877 : Parish Church of St. Chad, New Road, Rubery, near Birmingham

taken 4 months ago, near to Rubery, Birmingham, Great Britain

Parish Church of St. Chad, New Road, Rubery, near Birmingham
Parish Church of St. Chad, New Road, Rubery, near Birmingham
Built 1957-59 to a design by Richard Twentyman of Lavender, Twentyman & Percy. It replaced a late Victorian timber church of 1895. To the side stands a high bell tower. Chad of Mercia was a prominent religious figure in the 7th century who eventually became Bishop of the Mercians. He died on the 2nd March 672, and was later canonised as a saint. The Rubery church is one of many in the West Midlands dedicated to St. Chad.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright P L Chadwick and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO9877, 48 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 3 November, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 20 November, 2018
Geographical Context
Religious sites  City, Town centre 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 988 772 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:23.5854N 2:1.1259W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 988 772
View Direction
South-southeast (about 157 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Church  Bell Tower 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 5 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register