SH5638 : Ty Toronto

taken 2 years ago, near to Porthmadog, Gwynedd, Great Britain

Ty Toronto
Ty Toronto
Ty Toronto was built in 1836 and is shown on the 1842 Tithe map and 1871 Tremadog estate plan. The lower storey was originally the North & South Wales Bank, then Casson's Bank from 1847, until it was taken over by William and Richard Prichard, ship owners and brokers, in 1865. The upper storeys were a sail loft (Jones & Jones and Richards & Jones are both listed as Cornhill sailmakers in 1871) and, from at least 1844, housed William Griffiths' Navigation School. The building was converted to apartments in the late C20.*
* Information courtesy British Listed Buildings.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Arthur C Harris and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SH5638, 428 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 16 December, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 22 December, 2018
Geographical Context
Coastal  Historic sites and artefacts  City, Town centre  Docks, Harbours 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 5685 3835 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:55.4057N 4:7.8483W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SH 56884 38369
View Direction
Southwest (about 225 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 28 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register