NZ5413 : Old Nunthorpe

taken 13 years ago, near to Nunthorpe, Middlesbrough, Great Britain

Old Nunthorpe
Old Nunthorpe
A sleepy village since by-passed by the A172, Nunthorpe was until 1926 part of the Parish of Great Ayton. In the 12th century a Cistercian nunnery was established here, hence the name. The location of the priory and mill can only be surmised. They did however gain a somewhat dubious reputation for they were banished to Baysdale, a remote dale on the North York Moors.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Mick Garratt and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ5413, 13 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 November, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 4 November, 2007
Category
Village > Village   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 540 133 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:30.7550N 1:10.0187W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 540 132
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 167 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register