SD8005 : Former Whitefield Town Hall

taken 8 months ago, near to Whitefield, Bury, Great Britain

Former Whitefield Town Hall
Former Whitefield Town Hall

The building was built around 1805 by Edward Barlow and originally named Green Hill. It was remodelled in 1857 and renamed Underlay. It became Whitefield Town Hall in 1933 until 1974. LinkExternal link Since being vacated in the 1980s, it has been set on fire, vandalised and partly demolished. Only the south facade remains. Plans for a care home on the site have hung in the air for many years without resolution.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD8005, 99 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 29 December, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 7 April, 2019
Geographical Context
Public buildings and spaces  Derelict, Disused 
Date (from Tags)
1974  1933  1857  1805 
Person (from Tags)
Edward Barlow 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 8051 0573 [10m precision]
WGS84: 53:32.8703N 2:17.7370W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 8052 0571
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Parkland  Derelict Building  Former Town Hall 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 13 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register