NS5566 : Partick West railway station (site), Glasgow

taken 2 years ago, near to Partick, Glasgow, Great Britain

Partick West railway station (site), Glasgow
Partick West railway station (site), Glasgow
Opened in 1896 by the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway, effectively part of the Caledonian Railway, on the line from Possil and Stobcross to Dumbarton via Partick, this station closed in 1964.
View north east towards Partick Central and Stobcross. The platforms were on a viaduct parallel to the road here, where the shrubbery now is.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Thompson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5566, 577 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Monday, 29 April, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 22 June, 2019
Geographical Context
Suburb, Urban fringe  Roads, Road transport  Railways 
Primary Subject of Photo
Railway Station 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 5508 6644 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:52.1564N 4:19.0537W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 5500 6644
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Caledonian Railway  London Midland & Scottish Railway  British Rail 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 57 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register