TQ2570 : South Wimbledon Underground Station

taken 1 month ago, near to Merton, Great Britain

South Wimbledon Underground Station
South Wimbledon Underground Station
South Wimbledon is the last station on the Northern Line before reaching Morden. It is located on the corner of Merton High street and Morden Road. It was opened in 1926 and originally called South Wimbledon (Merton); Merton might have been a better name but from the early 1950s it has been called simply South Wimbledon.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen McKay and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2570, 98 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 August, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 8 August, 2019
Geographical Context
City, Town centre  Railways 
Primary Subject of Photo
Underground Station 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 2580 7003 [10m precision]
WGS84: 51:24.9204N 0:11.5427W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 2581 7006
View Direction
South-southwest (about 202 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Transport for London  Bicycles 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 15 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register