TQ7076 : Cliffe Fort

taken 11 months ago, 3 km from Church Street, Kent, Great Britain

This is 1 of 19 images, with title Cliffe Fort in this square
Cliffe Fort
Cliffe Fort
Built in the 1860's, Cliffe Fort is a Royal Commission fort on the edge of the Cliffe marshes on the Hoo Peninsula in north Kent to protect against invasion. Directly opposite across the Thames on the Essex side is Coalhouse Fort completed in 1874.

See other images of Cliffe Fort
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Dixon and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ7076, 149 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 28 October, 2018   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 3 September, 2019
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Rivers, Streams, Drainage  Derelict, Disused  Defence, Military 
Camera (from Tags)
Panasonic DC-G9 
River (from Tags)
River Thames 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 706 768 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:27.8824N 0:27.3347E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 703 771
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
River  Fort  Scheduled Ancient Monument 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): cross grid 
This page has been viewed about 8 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register